Wednesday, May 13

Strange Foods~

I decided I should keep two lists:

1. Strange and new things I have eaten in Korea

-산낙지 (raw, moving tentacles: freshly chopped off a small octopus) they suction to your tongue/mouth!
-Pig liver, stomach, and kidney~ tried one of each, and that was enough for meㅎㅎ
-소머디국밥수 (Cow head soup) it tasted good, but the meat had a strange texture
-Raw sea cucumber~was told that it was sea ginseng, so thinking it was a plant, I just went for it... it was interestingㅎㅎ... but it's REALLY beautiful, many colors
-Raw 전복 (abalone) ever heard of it?  I haven't~ it's not bad. they call it "well-being food"
-Clams/oysters/shrimp~ weird for me, lol, I never ate these in the US!
-순데~ still don't understand what this is, but I've heard I don't want to..??
-번데기 (silk worm larvae) hahaha~~ yeah a bug... had it twice, don't love it.
-생소고기 (raw beef)

NEW:
-Raw horse meat
-Black-pig pork (this pig feasts on human poo)
-Fresh leeche fruit.. mmm


2. Strange things they eat in Korea, that I have not yet tried (or won't)

-생닭고기 (raw chicken)
-닭팔 (chicken feet)
-보싱탕 (dog soup>.< ~ they use one certain breed of dog)
-whole 산낙지 (like a whole LIVING little octopus)
-고래고기 (whale meat)
-shark meat


haha~ I didn't have to type the Korean for most of these, I guess, but I wanted to show off ; )

1 comment: