Sunday, February 8

One Week Down!

So, I have been in Korea for a week!  We started classes, which run from 9am-8:30pm, although we get lots of/long breaks.  So class is only in session for 7 hours during the day.  We are learning about how to be effective and fun elementary school English teachers.  Some classes are boring, but in most of them, we have been learning practical things like how to control the classroom behavior, and we have played lots of example games that would be good and fun to play with the kids.  We also went on another field trip on Saturday.  

First, we went to the Blue House, which is like the Korea white house.  So it was really high security and we couldn't take too many pictures.  I'll upload one of those pictures later, so I can finish this blog before my next class!

The second place we went was called Insa-dong.  Basically we went there to eat at one of the
many restaurants, and
 to shop around.  Here is a picture a friend, James Park, took of me in Insa-dong:




And at the end, we went to Gyeong Bok Gung Palace.  It was really pretty, and we basically just took lots of pictures and looked around n stuff.  Here is a picture of my friends and I jumping in front of the palace, lol:

Then on Sunday, a few of us went to Jubilee Church, which had an awesome message (in English!) about using our money and gifts from God to serve Him and love people around us.  Really blessing and it challenged all of us.  I also ran into a friend from UIUC (Matt Wachtor) and Susie, who Ken told me about that I should meet when I am in Seoul!  It was pretty awesome.

And my friend Kitty and I went around Seoul and visited Myung-dong, and Namdaemun Market together by taking the bus and subway.  We felt pretty hard out being able to figure out where we were going!  We had some street snacks, shopped around, and walked a TON.  It was fun : ).

Well, I should be off to class now!  My next class is called "Theories and Practices of Team-Teaching".  We'll see how it is!! : )  I love and miss you guys a lot!!  Please keep praying that my main goal continues to be seeking God and loving people around me.  <3

4 comments:

Lois K. said...

christie! i'm so glad you're having a lot of fun. but 830am-9pm? thats crazy. so i guess you only get to go out and explore on the weekends, huh. but at least you're having fun with new people in your classes. you're so cute in your pictures, especially the jumping ones, haha. well i'm glad you're encouraged and challenged out there. i hope to talk to you soon! in the meanwhile i'll be praying for you - love you!

KT said...

i'm glad that you're having fun in korea. do did you happen to run into susie or was it planned to meet her at Jubilee Church?

Unknown said...

wow! those are long days! love hearing how things are going, gunuela!

Christie said...

I just ran into Susie! I saw her from afar and recognized her from the facebook photo, lol. It was pretty awesome : ) And she is really cool, you were right! lol