Monday, February 23

New City: Gwangju!

Our last week of orientation is in Gwangju, which is the biggest city in the province I am teaching in, and the fifth biggest city in South Korea.  It’s also where my mom was born and lived until she was 8 years old!  I’ll have a chance to visit my family later on.

We first got to Gwangju on Friday night, and then since then, each day has been packed.

 SATURDAY:

First, at 9am, we went to the Boseung Tea Fields, which were beautiful.  Our Korean partners came with us, so we were able to meet and hang out with them.  



My partners are AWESOME, and it’s going to be so fun!  And they are both seniors in college, so we are all the same age : ).  This is me and Chanhee, one of my Korean partners.


Then we went to a Korean Folk Village.

The last thing we did with our volunteers was go to this bird museum and wheat field.  It was nice and relaxing.

Afterward, all of the TaLK scholars went out.  We first had a nice dinner at a Sangyupsal, and then I tried my first fruity sojus at a bar.  We went to a Noraebang to sing some karaoke, and last, we went to a dance club, where they played a mix of American music and popular Korean music.  It was a really long, really fun day!

OTHER RANDOMNESS

*There is no drier at this facility, just washers! (like some of you warned me about)

*Several people in Gwangju are interested in doing Bible study.  Even some who had no plans to seek God while in Korea have had changes in their hearts.  God is working, and He is so good!

“The Lord Himself goes before you and will be with you; He will never leave you nor forsake you.  Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged.” Deut. 31:8

The Lord is everywhere, and cares for every heart on this earth!  It’s amazing to see the work He is doing, and I cannot wait to see how He will use this experience in my life, and hopefully in others’ lives through me.

1 comment:

Kaylin Keres said...

oh christie im so glad youre having a good time. its so encouraging to hear how God is working in your life over there!